Blog 1.1 Crocheting
The main issue I had was getting the two circles for the top of the heart correct. I also was having trouble making them look the same. I made about eight or nine different circles that were either too big or too small. This was all in the course of about an hour and I was pretty frustrated at that point. I don't even know how many times I had to keep rewinding the YouTube video. I don't think it was really my fault because the man in the video didn't do very well at explaining what to do. However, I did learn how to do stitches I never knew existed.
Once I got past the initial frustration it was smooth sailing, kind of. I thought that the heart would actually turn out pretty well, I was sort of wrong. I added then started to decrease stitches and by the end it really wasn't looking very good. I'm still proud of it and I achieved my goal.
There are still things that I can do to improve my skills as of this point. For example, how big to make each stitch and how to get the holes in the heart smaller and less pronounced. It's only the first week so I'm pretty hopeful that there is going to be a difference the next time I try this pattern again.
Great patience! Crocheting is hard! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteGood job Tierney! Glad that you are happy with your first project and that you are continuing to be persistent.
ReplyDelete