1.3 Crocheting a Triceratops

     Welcome back to the yarn ball !

    This week I worked on making a triceratops and surprisingly it went pretty smoothly. Instead of having to retry a bunch of times, this only took one retry. I'm pretty proud of it and the next step is ordering safety eyes. 

    This next week my plan is to order them and hopefully they will get here before I start working on the big creation I'm planning on doing. 

    There was a few challenges that I faced this week and that was really counting and adding the horns. Since I didn't readily have any safety eyes it was a challenge to know where I should put the the two horns on its head. The nose horn was also a challenge. The beginning "magic loop" I made was very tight so getting the needle and yarn through was quite difficult. Now the counting was as bad of an issue it was knowing exactly where I ended the last round and where it started. So I came up with using a piece of scrap yarn to know where I needed to stop. 

    This week was definitely a success and I made a lot of improvements. I didn't make a lot of mistakes and comparing what I first crocheted to this I can really see how much I have improved. 

    Next week I'm really hoping to compare what I first crocheted to what I do next week. 

    Thank you all for reading I'll catch you on the stitch side!

Comments