1.4 Comparing Hearts
Welcome back, this week I wanted to compare the first heart I crocheted to the newest one I made. I also talked to my sister about how I've done so far.
Let's first talk about how the two compare. The picture below contains both hearts. The pink one is
the first one I crocheted while the black is the second. You can definitely see the difference between the two. The second one I made has a better shape and also looks more like a heart. The pink heart doesn't keep its shape very well. What I'm thinking is that the yarn I was using originally wasn't as good quality as the yarn I use now. I also used a different way to make the heart. Instead of going through both loops in the stitch like the pink, I went through just the front look of the stitch for the black. I feel that for this pattern that doing a double stitch through the front loop only was a good choice. It made the stitches pop more as well.I asked my sister about all I had made and she said I was doing a good job. For the first few things I had made it looked good. She mentioned that the more you practice the better you will get. I looked at a few things she had crocheted and took some mental notes about how each stitch looked. She also gave me some pointers about how to make the stitches look more even and not as spread out.
I was in Bismarck this last weekend so my mom and I went to Michaels to find some safety eyes. They didn't have any, but I got more yarn and a book that has patterns for me to crochet. Even though they didn't have any, we asked an associate about where we could find some. They recommended JoAnn's so the next day my dad and I went there. We found some so now I have safety eyes.
Because I have that book my plan has somewhat changed. Instead of making parts of one bear I'm going to try and read patterns instead of watching YouTube videos. So I'm going to continue to keep making animals as well as other objects instead of making just one thing for the next few weeks.
I feel that I am starting to bet better and every week things have been going well. I'm really proud of the progress and what I'm learning. In the beginning I knew nothing and now I know more and I keep learning more. I'm starting to think that this is something that I could use in the future and I have had people ask me if I could be able to crochet something for them.
Thank you all for reading, I'll catch you on the stitch side!
Love the pun lol! This is getting to become even more rare as years go on so it is great to see that young people are still in crocheting. Do you think that your second heart turned out better solely because of the yarn quality, or did you approach it a little differently? Did you use the same pattern? Overall, great job!
ReplyDelete