Blog 1.2 Crocheting a Whale
Welcome back, this week I crocheted a whale; it wasn't that difficult, just tedious. I kept messing up so I had to restart a few to many times for my liking, but it was less than the first thing I crocheted. My main focus this week was to get the whale done, but I also wanted to make less mistakes then last time. I did indeed make less mistakes and because of having to watch the video over and over, I'm now able to crochet a whale by memory.
Yes, my whale looks kind of bad, but I think that's mainly because it's only the second thing I have ever crocheted in my life. It also doesn't really have eyes at the moment, but I'm hoping to get some safety eyes in the next week or so.
When I was making my Action Plan sheet I thought that this was going to be harder then it actually is. The main thing that I can say about this project is that I had to count and use the excess yarn to make sure I had the right amount of stitches. That was main reason I had to start over. I would lose count of how many stitches I had and that would throw me off. I also now know more stiches and know them by their names instead of by names I made up to make them easier to remember.
My main goal is coming along and I know that I'm on the right track as of now. Maybe by the end of this Genius Hour I'll be able to crochet things my friends want. I do know that once this is over most of the figures I crochet will be given to some of my friends. I may keep one or two, but some I really don't want to keep.
In general, this week was a success and I think I'm progressing pretty well. I know that there are going to be more ups and downs, but you never learn anything unless you make some mistakes. I have grown from those mistakes and now know a lot more than I did before I started.
Did you mess up in the middle at all or did it go pretty smoothly after you get started?
ReplyDelete-Haley