1.7 Crocheting an ice cream cone
Welcome back, this week was somewhat difficult to get my crocheting even started. I didn't have a lot of time past week to get started. Plus I just wanted a break from crocheting and the slight ache in my hands when I crochet. I did get it finished and it turned out really well.
Before I start I'm going to answer some questions. The size of the hook will make the stitches larger which will make the figure larger. The shape will stay the same it's just the stiches will get larger. The larger the figure the longer it will take and the more yarn it will need. It typically takes me at least 4 hours to finish something that is about 6 inches and depending on how wide and how tall it is the longer it will take. With figures with more than one part the greatest challenge is leaving a long enough tail string. A tail string is a string that is the excess yarn after you secure a stitch and cut the figure away from the ball of yarn. The longer that string the easier it is to attach that piece to the main part. I really don't have anything that is my favorite to crochet. I just like crocheting things that I feel would be fun and interesting. I feel like going away from my sheet has helped a lot more than I expected. I have gotten farther than I originally thought and can do a lot more than I thought at the beginning.
Now finally for my progress. This was honestly kind of challenging to crochet. In this there are a bunch of increasing and decreasing stitches which makes counting a must. Stitch markers also helped quite a bit to make sure that I ended in the right spot. I would have to recount stitches after I would finish a round just to make sure that I had the correct amount of stitches. I think this is the first time that I had the right amount of stitches the entire time.
These past seven weeks have been honestly fun. It was a nice change and I probably wouldn't have learned how to crochet if it wasn't for genius hour. I've always wanted to crochet and now that I know how I can use this in the future.
Thank you all for reading! I'll catch you on the stich side!
It's Ilyssa! This is so cute, I love it. At this point do you even need to look at videos or anything to help you? Have you followed your action plan? What do you plan to make next week?
ReplyDelete