1.8 Crocheting Scrump
Welcome back to the final blog. It has been a long time coming, but I'm sort of glad it's over. I was starting to run out of ideas.
For my final project I decided to crochet Scrump from "Lilo and Stitch". The head fits in the palm of my had and by measuring it it's about 7.5 inches tall from the top of the hair to the bottom and about 3.5 inches wide. The whole thing is huge not going to lie.
Originally the pattern called for a very very small hook, but I didn't have the right sized hook or yarn. So I decided to use my 3.75m hook, like I do with all the others. This is my first time crocheting something this big as well as this complex. Before this I had only sewn on minor pieces, but this time I had to sew on a bunch of pieces.
This was honestly really fun to crochet and it took be about a day to fully finish. It was quite a challenge because the arms, legs, and all the accessories were sewn on. The only parts that were crocheted together was the head and body. Trying to find the right placement for the face was also a challenge because trying to figure out where the right row was a bit tricky.
I will miss doing this; it's a bitter sweet goodbye, but I know that I will continue crocheting because it has become something that I'm passionate about. I still have quite a bit to learn, but it will all come with experience. I also still have a few animals and figures to crochet for people which will take some time. I didn't want to start those mainly because I was afraid they were going to turn out badly, but looking at how far I've come I'm confident that they will turn out wonderfully.
Anyway this is the last time I will blog about crocheting and next is the ted talks. Thank you for reading and I'll catch you on the stitch side.
Comments
Post a Comment