2.2 We're Getting There!

     Welcome back! Last week I did a single color strand and it went well, well this week I took it up an notch. My original plan was to find a pattern that had three colors, but I couldn't really find any so I went with the next best thing. A four color pattern.  

    When I first started I originally thought that it was going to be pretty difficult, but it wasn't. Once I got started, one issue I had was knowing which line I was on. To fix that I used my phone and drew lines to mark where I was on the picture. Once I did that it was smooth looming. 

    After I got done I really had to figure out how to tie it off. I ended up looking up some videos on YouTube about tying the strings off. I decided on weaving the strings back through the beads. That's when I got to my next issue, the string stopped going through the beads because there were to many stings. I then decided to just tie them off. 
    
    I wasn't originally going to turn this into a bracelet, but I got to thinking that a good way to practice covering up the ends would be to turn it into a bracelet. I'm actually really glad I did because now it looks a lot better than it did when it was just a strand. 

    I'm honestly really proud of what I accomplished this week, but there is still some learning I have to do. This was made with technically 10 strings counting the string that goes through the beads to keep them in place. There is still a lot that I want to accomplish with this, but my hope is to one day make something bigger than this. 
    
    This next week my plan is to find another pattern that I like and do it. I think I'm ready for something slightly more complicated and something that has more base strings. I'm honestly really excited to see what will happen in the next few weeks and see how I will do. If I was to compare this one to the very first one I did I would say that there is already a huge difference.
    
    Anyway, thank you all for taking the time and reading this ! I'll see you next week on the Beading Blog! 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you took in interest in beading like I did Tierney! That looks very good for just beginning! Can't wait to see what else you make during this journey! Is there anything special you plan on making during this Genius Hour?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment