Blog 2.1 Starting out with bead looming

    This is the first week of attempting to bead loom. Before starting I watched a few videos on how to bead loom, how to tie it off, how to start off. When I tried it I was surprised on how easy it was however, I was just using one color. I feel that the more complicated the pattern the harder it will be. I indeed got what I planed done. 

    The needles that you use to thread through the beads for the second time is extremely sharp and I stuck myself a few too many times. This next week I plan on making my string longer and doing a pattern instead of using just one color. I really can't wait to actually get to looming instead of just practicing with one color. 
    
    Back to this week for a second, I really didn't mess up at all and everything went smoothly, except for when I accidently stabbed myself with the needle, but that's besides the point. I didn't run into any issues, but taking it off the loom is somewhat difficult along with making sure that the beads don't curl over each other like this one did. 

    This time I'm going to try and stick to my action plan, but if things don't go the way that I want it to I know that I will be just fine switching things up. Also I got some new ideas that I didn't think of until now so if something goes wrong and doesn't turn out right I have a few ideas that I could use instead. 

    I really hope that by the end of this eight week genius hour I will be able to bead loom bigger projects a long with understand what I'm doing. Right now I still don't know everything about bead looming, but I have a feeling that by the end I will know a lot more. Hopefully these next few weeks go smoothly and without major issues. 

    Anyway, thanks for reading I'll see you next week on the Beading Blog !!


Comments

  1. Very Cool Tierney! I enjoy your bead looming projects and can’t wait to see what you make next! I enjoy beading as well, but I bead freehand.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment